How to configure Absence Categories
Depending on the company's needs, we can easily configure Absence categories. Absence categories can be limited or unlimited, paid or unpaid (if you want to reduce hours in the weekly timesheet), and can have different types and other settings.
We can create a limited(for example, for "vacations" when the employee receives limited days of absence) or an unlimited (for example, for "sickness", if the employee gets the unlimited amount of absence days ) absence category.
The configuration of the absence categories is possible to do in the Absence category tab or in the Absence setting tab in the HR app.
Let's try to configure the Absence category using the Absence setting tab; in this case, we can also control the employee's assignments of policies and allowances.
More information about using the Absence setting you can find here.
From the Absence Settings, settings, click on the create button to create a new absence category.
To change properties of already created categories, click on the arrow next to category (1) and click on Edit (2)
Let's try to configure an absence category for Vacation days:
(1) It is possible to choose an icon; that icon will be displayed next to the absence category on SF and also in Employee HUB
(2) Here, we are giving the name of the category
(3) We have two types of absence categories: Daily (if we choose daily, the absence will count with days) and Hourly (if we select this type, the absences will count with hours )
(4) If the checkbox Request Approvals is checked, it means approval is required. After creating an absence by the employee in this absence category, the approval request will be sent to the employee's manager or additional managers.
(5) Public (Privacy of the absence category). If the checkbox is unchecked - the name of the absence category will be hidden for other employees in the Employee HUB. If the employee requests an absence using this absence category, the reasons for the absence will be hidden from colleges.
(6) Paid/ Unpaid. If the checkbox is checked, the working amount for the absence will be reduced from the weekly timesheet working amount.
(7)Unlimited/ Limited. If the checkbox is unchecked, the absence category is limited (for example, for "vacations" when the employee receives limited days of absence), if it's checked - unlimited (for example, for "sickness", if the employee gets the unlimited amount of the absence days ).
(8) Compensatory Time. If we check the checkbox next to the Compensatory time, all weekly overtime of employees will accumulate in this absence category.
(9) If you want to export information about employees' leaves in this category to payroll, check the checkbox
(10) If the checkbox next to Restrict absence deletion is checked, the employees can't delete created absences by themself.
(11) Special Rules. If you want to present some information about absence policies or other information about rules of taking absence, you can use this field. The information on this field will also display in Employee HUB before the employee requests an absence.
How it looks like in the Employee HUB:
Then configuration is done, click on Save.